The first three terms of the 2016 CoderDojo program have been fantastic, with well over 1000 ninjas learning to code and explore technology. The CoderDojo team are busy planning the final term of the year and we are hoping to make it the best yet!
Full location and session details for Term 4 can be found here.
We are excited to announce that we will be running two Advanced sessions this term at The Grange and Carindale. We welcome any ninjas who satisfy the following requirements to register for the advanced sessions:
• At least one semester of CoderDojo or school subject equivalent
• A basic understanding of coding concepts (if/else loops etc)
• An interest in writing code other than Scratch
As with all CoderDojo sessions, the content covered will depend on the skills and experience of the mentors, however, ninjas participating in the advanced sessions can expect to learn about concepts such as:
• Scripting languages like Python and Lua
• 3D animation in Unity
* Note: session times are subject to mentor availability. Any changes to session availability will be updated prior to the registration date on Monday 26 September. Parents should check this page in the days leading up to the registration date to confirm your preferred session is still available.
Registrations for Term 4 of CoderDojo will open at 10am on Monday 26 September via the Join a CoderDojo page. There will be no pre-registration, with all places open at the same time and allocated on a first in, first served basis. Due to the popularity of the program, all CoderDojo places are usually taken very soon after registrations open each term. Parents should be online when registrations open if they wish to secure their preferred session time.
Please read over the CoderDojo session information here prior to registering in the Term 4 program.
As places in the CoderDojo program are popular, we ask for your commitment for the duration of the term. If you know your ninja is going to miss a session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If two or more consecutive sessions are missed, your place in the program may be reallocated.
We hope to see you and your ninja at the final CoderDojo term of 2016!